Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

XIOMARA CINTRON - GHOSTS AND IN FEAR OF



XIOMARA CINTRĂ“N

IMDB:                  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3564008/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

WEBSITE:             In construction

FACEBOOK:        Xiomara CintrĂ³n: xiomara.cintron.7@facebook.com



TWITTER:             None 
 
CREDITS- “GHOSTS” (SHORT) , IN FEAR OF (WEB SERIES)

THANK YOU XIOMARA FOR THIS WONDERFUL INTERVIEW- I PERSONALLY LOVED YOU IN GHOSTS AND IN FEAR OF- AMAZING WORK- AND I LOOK SO FORWARD TO SEEING MORE OF YOUR WORK! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME-  AND YOUR AMAZING JOB IN THESE TWO PIECES !  YOU SO ROCK!!!

SOME SHOUT OUTS FROM XIOMARA- TO JEREMIAH KIPP , SCOTT PERRY AND DAVID MARANCIK


          
1.        THE SHORT “GHOSTS” WAS AMAZING- SIMPLE AND STIRRING- I PERSONALLY WOULD FIND IT HARD NOT TO BE CHALLENGED OR PUSHED INTO SOME INTROSPECTION! HOW DO YOU FEEL THIS SHORT AFFECTED YOU OR CHALLENGED YOU??

“What will I do?”  “How will I feel?” If a doctor tells me I have a terminal illness, that I am going to die from it and that I have a maximum of two years – and I'm now in my second year. Here is a tremendous challenge. 

I don't feel ready to go.  It would be nice to have more time.  I want to be able to see next Christmas with my family back in my country.  Death, distance, separation an obstacles that so many people go through wanting to be together and not being able to for whatever reason…  Yes, the short “Ghosts” did hit my emotions. 

“Ghosts” also affected me in a positive way. Life is so precious and sometimes when we think we're invincible, things happen and change our whole life and we think it's the end.  However, there is always a hope that everything will somehow be OK. What's anyone without hope?

2.       SO YOU WENT TO THE LONDON INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS??  WOW- THAT MUST HAVE BEEN INCREDIBLE! WHAT DID YOU TAKE WHEN YOU WENT THERE?

Yes, I had the privilege to accomplish my Master in Fine Arts in the London International School of Performing Arts (LISPA), a brilliant school inspired by the pedagogy of Jacques Lecoq.  It was a life changing experience that has affected me in the most wonderful way for the rest of my life; allowing me to find infinite ways of making Theatre.  Furthermore: discovering a different way of seeing and experiencing life.

The journey explored the art of acting with masks, dramatic acrobatics, gestural languages, and  physical and vocal preparation.  Also, story telling through word and image, the world of the fantastic and the grotesque, Commedia dell’arte and half masks, the comedy (burlesque, absurd, eccentric). And I also learned how to approach to writing for the stage.  The second year is dedicated to creative work, exploring the main areas in drama: melodrama, human drama, tragedy, bouffons and the art of the clown. 



3.       WHAT GOT YOU INTO FILM IN THE FIRST PLACE? HOW DID THE SHORT COME ALONG?

Once I arrived in New York City, I was submitting applications for all kinds of auditions.  I started to receive more opportunities in the film industry.  My first experience with short movies was "Nemesis", a vampire web series which I enjoyed a lot.  It was a new learning process for me to try acting for the camera.  I must say I fell in love with this art and I continued working in films and short films.  I got referred to director Scott Perry by filmmaker Jeremiah Kipp, with whom I had worked in the past.  They offered me this great and challenging role in “Ghosts” and I was happy to accept and eager to perform.  It was absolutely delightful to work with this team; such an enjoyable learning process.

4.       WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING, IF YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO ACT ANYMORE???  IF YOU HAD TO CHANGE AND DO SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT??

I would be really sad if I could not be in the acting industry anymore.  However, I love to travel.  Probably I might become a flight attendant to travel the whole world and I might end up giving some free performances at the moment to provide the safety instructions for the flight.

5.       WHAT KIND OF HOBBIES DO YOU HAVE?

My hobbies are: salsa dancing and to watch theater shows and movies!

6.       IF I PEEKED IN ON YOUR IPOD- WHAT MUSIC WOULD YOU HAVE PLAYING?

Bonito - Jarabe de Palo

7.       ARE YOU A READER? IF SO, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

Yes I am a reader, and my favorite Book is: El Clown, Un Navegante de las Emociones.

8.       THE SHORT “GHOSTS”- IT IS SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL, AND THOUGHT PROVOKING, DO YOU FEEL THAT YOU WERE CHALLENGED BY THE SUBJECT MATTER AT ALL?



Connecting to the anguish endured by my character presented a particular challenge.  What's it like to know that you are dying? How can I relate myself with the agony of what my character was going through?  Since I have never been in this situation on first hand, I began reading articles and doing research about terminal illness.  As well as watching movies trying to find all the possibilities in order to get inside the reality of her story as it exists in our world.


No comments:

Post a Comment